Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tribeca Morning




Good morning, everyone.

I think I'll be posting a few portraits this week. I've a number of sketches in the works and want to experiment with different color palettes among them. As you might expect, I don't really care to create an actual photo-realistic likeness, but I do savor capturing a person's mood or emotional state. It's not something I think about when I'm drawing, I just tend to zero in on certain features or expressions and then move forward from there. This was a young woman I spotted in the schoolyard as I took my youngest daughter to the first day of school.

"Tribeca Morning" 
Ink and watercolor on paper
Print available here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, VH McKenzie, you're really good at this!

(I linked here via 30dayartist blog)

Anonymous said...

morning color-girl!

i LOVE the portraiture series you've been showing of late...
and the flora pieces are wonderfully alive and colorful.

another excellent idea: the ebay - click to bid. guess i better start putting my money where my mouth is before all the pieces i want are gone!

love your blog site... akin to reading a great novel, with the arts as the main subject matter.

keep em comming, i'll be here watching/waiting!