Saturday, April 07, 2012

City Painting - final stages

I'm pleased with how this painting is coming along -- and am nearly finished.


I was skeptical about the color-combination requested -- but using the Payne's Gray as the base, a nice cool, bluish gray, has resulted in a really lush, rich painting. 







It's funny, but sometimes I can't see the problem areas clearly until I take a wide photo. The camera does cause some distortion, since the painting is so large and I'm taking the photo at a short distance. Also, the uneven lighting casts some glare on the surface.


Even allowing for some slight curving distortion, in the photo, I can still see some areas that I want to even out a bit. The big "C" in Tacoma is a little lopsided, the baseline text of "WEST" in the upper right is uneven, and the surface of the letters in "Las Vegas" need some work.



But otherwise, almost done!




Do you have an idea for your own places/names painting? Put your order in  here,
or email me for more information.

No comments: