Monday, May 28, 2007

Catching up with Tasha



Tasha No. 2
Ink and watercolor on paper
Print available here.


I'm putting this painting, Tasha No. 2, to rest. I last posted the original line drawing and the first stage of watercolor. I wasn't quite happy with where it was going, the color harmony seemed all wrong to me.

I've darkened the overall appearance, taken a step away from my usual bright and vivid colors. I think perhaps the expression on her face is more suited to somber colors.

Here's a look at the progression:





However................

I had drawn another version of Tasha and so I decided to begin another painting, using the complete opposite range of colors. This is just beginning so I've no idea where this one will end up.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the final product. i agree on the colors. and i can't wait to see what comes of the next one! she looks glamorous to me, in this new one!

Ron Southern said...

I was here. Interesting differences, but i'm too painter-stupid to really know what I'm seeing. You could fool me with any of them!