Saturday, September 05, 2009

Art Around The Park

Every year I promise myself that I will participate next time around. And every year it suddenly appears, seemingly out of nowhere, and I curse myself for letting it slip my mind.

It is now part of The Howl Festival. Large coated canvas is hoisted around 3 sides of Tompkins Square Park in the East Village, with segments assigned to local artists to paint during the festival.

Here are some photos from this morning, as things were just getting started:






I returned about 2 hours later and the park was gradually assuming the look of a huge outdoor gallery:

























I'll take some more pics in the morning to see how it is progressing.

Is there an Art Around The Park in your town or city? If not, suggest it. It's a blast for artists and residents alike.

1 comment:

Sis Irijah said...

this is the kind of vibe i miss about living in newark and being able to take the subway right over to the city and experience the vibe...how lucky you are sis to live around all the things you love and that make you who you are...bless