Monday, June 01, 2009

"When I've painted a woman's bottom so that I want to touch it, then the painting is finished."

Renoir, 1841-1919

Never knew that old goat was so hilarious.

And I thought it applied to this latest version of coconuts. They looked ready to touch, ready to pull off the tree.



I kept glazing, trying to come up with a completely different palette of colors than the first effort at this bunch. It's different, but not radically so.

Here's the previous version, just as a comparison:




Hmmm. May have to lock off certain colors (which I'm always drawn to) in order to do an entirely new version.

Soon come.

1 comment:

zan said...

true, a different color palette would bring a dramatic change to look and feel. different hues within varied compositional 'closeup-onna-coconut' themes would prove to make for a very exciting series.

i have to say though, i do love these more muted earth tones.

...and i love my jelly coconuts young, fresh and orange, just as portrayed. now i'm craving one.
yep, the paintings finished!

p/l
z