Sunday, January 13, 2008

Likeable Enuff



a few selections from my favorite website --- www.overheardinnewyork.com:




But How Can We Tell?


Father: You see, girls, there is an election coming up, and so far we have only had boring white men. This time we could have a black man or a woman as our president!

Four-year-old daughter: But Daddy, we're white!

Father: Yes, but we aren't boring.

--Metro-North train

Overheard by: Emily



"Ah. The Hillary Clinton concealer, then."

Counter lady #1: Do I have something on my face?

Counter lady #2: Yeah. Evilness.

--Cafe 212, Columbia University


Overheard by: Ariz


Republicans: Eeexcellent

Black woman #1:
Who you gonna vote fo' in this election?

Black woman #2, picking her fingernails: I dunno. I just fuckin' hate Bush. Anyone but him.

Black woman #1: I like Hillary. I think I'm gonna vote fo' Hillary.

Black woman #2: Yeah. I mean, Obama's cute, but I don't care -- he's a black man. My husband's a black man, and he don't do shit.

Black woman #1: Mmm, I know.

--D train


"Likeable Enuff", 12"x16" Prints available $35


No comments: