Friday, April 01, 2011

Sew Special


Sewn and Stitched Print Treasure Beach No. 1

In addition to my traditional, professionally-made art prints, I've begun making these smaller prints, with a twist: a print of art sewn to watercolor paper.

The image is digitally printed (not photocopied) on to a beautiful grade of art paper --  100% cotton rag, 64lb weight (250gsm) with a hot press/semi smooth surface. This is the same paper stock I use for my mini-prints


I cut the print to size, typically about 4" x 6" or slightly larger, and then sew the print to the surface of an 8" x 10" sheet of cold press watercolor paper.



Here's a close up of the stitching ---



I've created these with several of my paintings, including the larger sized pieces -- now they are available in this format as well, and in a size that is ready for easy, standard-size framing.


All of these prints will be signed on the front, beneath the image, and on the reverse side of the larger paper. These make a beautiful yet affordable gift, with a handmade touch.

This print is available here. See the full array of available Sewn and Stitched Prints  here.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I LOVE THESE TOO!!!BEAUTIFUL!