Saturday, January 01, 2011

She Was Blue Velvet

She Was Blue Velvet,  8" x 11" charcoal and watercolor on paper

No, she didn't wear it. She WAS it.


Dan Gliubizzi said...

Reflected Light! You know that is what is making these so good! This one is really nice. I just looked back at all of them. I am also glad that they are not too small. Maybe 24"X48" is in the future?...but then you may have to move to a bigger apartment LOL!

VH McKenzie said...

Thanks so much, Dan. It's interesting that you should comment on the reflected light, because I'm working from a stash of old black/white vintage photos as a starting point. The color is all coming from my imagination but I guess I'm definitely bringing these old gals to life.

I've got some huge watercolor sheets in my studio, but am quite timid about giving them a shot. New Year's resolution: work bigger!