Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Love

Rasta Heart 4"x6" ink, watercolor and gouache on paper

"You're truly The Queen, Victoria," said Jackson when he saw the dozen
long-stemmed roses on the dining table. Yep, the King had them waiting for
me when I came downstairs this morning.


I had to laugh because they weren't exactly a surprise. While curled up under the covers this morning, enjoying a lazy morning, he'd suddenly tossed back the blanket and said, "me haffi go dungstairs and get yuh flowers." I said that
would be lovely but he wasn't supposed to give me an advanced
notice. There's something to be said for the element of surprise.

He looked puzzled. "What I difference?" He had a point.

But he did surprise me with these......not your typical V-Day
box o' chocolates but equally welcome:





My gift to him is the "Rasta Heart" portrait........

And this hand-made valentine which quotes Sartre:
"In love, one and one are one."



Happy Valentine's Day everyone...........!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

So beautiful!!!

BJ said...

Thank, Victoria, for sharing your surprises! One Day for real!

Cory Raymond said...

Your blog and your artwork are awesome! Thanks for following me on Twitter!